Sunday, July 12, 2009

How To: Change The My Documents Location To A Storage Card In Windows Mobile

This tweak is very beneficial for all Windows Mobile users as My Documents were starting to eat up a lot of the incredibly inadequate amount of built-in storage space of the Mobile device.This Windows Mobile tweak is very complicated but possible.The order in which you do this tweak is essential for the success.

Please ensure that storage card contents and My Documents contents in your Windows Mobile device are backed up.It is recommended that you do this Windows Mobile Tweak on a fresh install of your ROM.This tweak cleared out My Documents folder in Windows Mobile device.But you can easily restore the contents.
Reset your Windows Mobile device
Synchronize your mobile device with your PC
Navigate to the registry subkey:

HKLM\System\StorageManager\Profiles\SDMemory
Change the “Folder” key to “My Documents”
Rename your original “My Documents” folder to “My Docs”.
Power off and reset your mobile device.
Sync your mobile device again.
You should see in File Explorer that your My Documents folder has an SD card icon next to it.
Copy your files back into your My Documents.

Warning:
You should backup the Windows Mobile device in case you need to do hard reset and restore everything.
My Documents will be recreated in the mobile devices ROM memory, if you reboot the device with the SD Card out.
If you fail to delete the original My Documents folder in the mobile devices ROM prior to rebooting, your SD card will resort to “My Documents 2″.This of course will break your links to anything installed on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment